Purple Reign Update

Discussions of all the Aces sports
PurpleSuitMan
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 2014

Purple Reign Update

Postby PurpleSuitMan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello, all!

Hopefully at least a few students are around here that I haven't been in contact yet, but I feel most of you will still enjoy hearing some of this information. I'm the president of the newly named student section, Purple Reign. We've gotten off to a good start this semester so far. We've set up text alerts for the students for home games, contacted Greek life on campus to encourage them to go to games, and have been working our hardest to get as many people as possible into Meeks for volleyball games for the time being.

All that being said, even more significant changes are coming for basketball season. We've worked with the athletic department to secure a shuttle for students to and from the Ford Center for almost every home game! There's more details we're still trying to work out with exactly how the shuttle will work, but providing students reliable transport for free I believe will be a huge game changer when paired with the excitement for this upcoming season.

Even more exciting yet is our new rewards app, specifically for students. Students are now able to check into games to earn points, then redeem those points for items from the bookstore, t-shirts, or food from one of the many sponsors (including but not limited to Azzip Pizza, Turoni's, Papa John's, Domino's, Wayback Burger, Bar Louie, Backstage, and more).

I'm now looking into Azzip and Chipotle giveback nights where we could earn a percent of sales from those who mention us as they checkout and turn that revenue into support for theme nights, t-shirts with the Purple Reign imagery, or (my ultimate goal over the next two years) a packed bus trip to one of our nearby opponents.

Hoping to make this year a great one! Go Aces!

SI_Acesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1967

Re: Purple Reign Update

Postby SI_Acesfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Great news and excellent work!!!

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:16 pm

More enthusiastic news

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm

You are the man!!! Great job....hope your hard work pays off at the Ford this year. Would love to see crowds as loud and crazy as the year they did the "Harlem Shake" and of course those at Roberts!
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Return to “The Aces”