2019 JUCO SG Sean McNeil OH

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2019 JUCO SG Sean McNeil OH

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:33 pm

A review of several videos for McNeil shows he has range well beyond the NBA 3-point line. My question has been does he have the quickness to get his shots against the type of defender he will find playing at Evansville.

My preference is for a player who can shoot over 40% from the 3 and is quick on the dribble drive to open up the offense. These players usually don’t make it down to the UE level but that might change with McCarty and staff on board.

We only have two more shots this year to fill the team’s needs, but Coach may be sewing the seeds for two years out when we will have major holes to fill.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Re: 2019 JUCO SG Sean McNeil OH

Postby ncace » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:53 pm

The NCAA says that the average transfer rate in men's basketball is about 15%, and this has been pretty consistent for a while. I'm not convinced that we will only have 2 schollys in addition to Henderson this year. We'll see how it sorts out, but one thing I've noticed from watching players interact with WMc is that they seem to LIKE playing for him. Hopefully that also translates into recruiting this year, and for years to come. If McNeil is that good, and we can sign him, we'll find a spot for him.

I just saw where the Cardinals brought Dabo Swinney to Spring traiing to talk about building a winning culture. Hopefully that's happening at UE and that it transcends one head coach. We want to become a program where players AND coaches want to be.

Return to “Class of 2019”