Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Pitt transfer Peace Ilegmah

Postby Aces & Eights » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 am

mybigpurplebrain wrote:A couple questions,

Is he on campus and attending classes ?

When can he practice with the team ?

I just looked up the spring schedule and classes don't start until next Monday, January 14. This could be why Art is not back on campus and also why we have not heard anything about Peace.

Purp
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1974

Postby Purp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 am

Official:

Hickey tweet: Two days after the biggest win of the McCarty era, UE adds another high-major transfer to the practice squad in former Pitt big man Peace Ilegomah.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:17 am

#ForTheAces #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am

Doesn’t matter what he did at Pitt, he will be a tremendous asset for the Aces. We needed another big to guard the paint to go along with Williams who is a little light for his size.

Next year we lose DC who is currently our only 5 on the team. We are using 4s to fill the gap when DC is on the bench. There are numerous posts on this board that we are a different team when DC isn’t playing. Now we can use the remaining two scholarships to bring in scoring ball handlers to bolster the 2 and 3 positions.

Next year’s team is really coming together and McCarty and crew are going to put a team on the floor that I believe none of the fans expected.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am

AcesHigh wrote:Doesn’t matter what he did at Pitt, he will be a tremendous asset for the Aces. We needed another big to guard the paint to go along with Williams who is a little light for his size.

Next year we lose DC who is currently our only 5 on the team. We are using 4s to fill the gap when DC is on the bench. There are numerous posts on this board that we are a different team when DC isn’t playing. Now we can use the remaining two scholarships to bring in scoring ball handlers to bolster the 2 and 3 positions.

Next year’s team is really coming together and McCarty and crew are going to put a team on the floor that I believe none of the fans expected.

I actually hope that they can bring in one more “big” man, to help at the center spot, and then, he could be free to put Williams at the 4, or even the 3 on the wing. It would be a great rotation, and UE could potentially have mismatches all over the floor.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm

I agree with you 100% Ad1770 that another 5 would help the rotation and put more players in their natural positions. However with Coach’s run and gun style and the fact that he wanted to introduce more pressing defenses I see him looking for more guards and small forwards. Just look at who is on official visits this weekend...two guards.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:22 pm

On the positive side we did offer Ksuan Casey who is 6-9 and looks to weigh about 250 and is now considered the #1 Center in Kentucky. He has soft hands, excellent foot work and scores with a high shooting percentage. He’s only a Junior and would be coming in as Peace leaves.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Ad1770 wrote:
AcesHigh wrote:Doesn’t matter what he did at Pitt, he will be a tremendous asset for the Aces. We needed another big to guard the paint to go along with Williams who is a little light for his size.

I actually hope that they can bring in one more “big” man, to help at the center spot, and then, he could be free to put Williams at the 4, or even the 3 on the wing. It would be a great rotation, and UE could potentially have mismatches all over the floor.

I agree, one more C/PF.
#ForTheAces #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

51ACE
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1978

Postby 51ACE » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Ad1770 wrote:

I am not totally disagreeing with you, but I actually would take Michael Moreno and consider saving a scholarship for the next year. I understand wanting the size, but the more I watch video on Moreno, the more I think he could be a dominate player for us. Obviously I don't know his mentality, but looking at his offense and his bulky size makes me think of a Charles Barkley type player. I am super high on him and think he could really put us over the top.....by the way, I am happy to have Peace on board and the fact that the coaches have the next 9 months to a year to work with him.

Ace78
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm

51ACE wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:

I am not totally disagreeing with you, but I actually would take Michael Moreno and consider saving a scholarship for the next year. I understand wanting the size, but the more I watch video on Moreno, the more I think he could be a dominate player for us. Obviously I don't know his mentality, but looking at his offense and his bulky size makes me think of a Charles Barkley type player. I am super high on him and think he could really put us over the top.....by the way, I am happy to have Peace on board and the fact that the coaches have the next 9 months to a year to work with him.

I totally agree about trying to win over Moreno. I've also been very impressed by the way he plays. Reminds me a lot of Parrish Casebier, but the way I understand it, he is an exemplary young man. Moreno would be an incredible addition to the talent we have on board for next year. Hopefully, Michael is keeping an eye on the success we are having, and will want to be a part of something special here. I also agree with saving that scholarship for next year.

Return to “Class of 2019”