Scholarships

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1977

Re: Scholarships

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:20 pm

JohnU wrote:I don't recall mentioning Marty Simmons at all in conjunction with this Peace kid.
I just wondered if he is any good.
Cheesh, sorry about the fruit stand you brought with you.

You did mention a Marty recruit and caution us that Walter may be recruiting similar "mopup" players simply because they are 6-10. It's kind of hard to refer to Vucetic without Marty's recruiting failures being part of the equation. I can draw lines from point to point and I'm sure you can too. If you would have cautioned that Peace may be another Will Becker, a 6-9 Walter recruit that didn't work out, you might have had a more valid point. No need to be sorry about my fruit stand, your comment was a lemon and if you want to be a top banana you'll simply need to try harder.

Coach has plenty of scoring next year. He has mentioned we need a shot blocker. With a 7-4 wingspan, Peace fits the bill. You can wonder until mid-December of next year if he's any good as a shot blocker or you can do what I did and look at video of him blocking shots.

JohnU
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1966

Postby JohnU » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:50 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
JohnU wrote:I don't recall mentioning Marty Simmons at all in conjunction with this Peace kid.

You did mention a Marty recruit and caution us that Walter may be recruiting similar "mopup" players simply because they are 6-10. It's kind of hard to refer to Vucetic without Marty's recruiting failures being part of the equation. I can draw lines from point to point and I'm sure you can too. If you would have cautioned that Peace may be another Will Becker, a 6-9 Walter recruit that didn't work out, you might have had a more valid point. No need to be sorry about my fruit stand, your comment was a lemon and if you want to be a top banana you'll simply need to try harder.

Coach has plenty of scoring next year. He has mentioned we need a shot blocker. With a 7-4 wingspan, Peace fits the bill. You can wonder until mid-December of next year if he's any good as a shot blocker or you can do what I did and look at video of him blocking shots.

Actually you used my comment as still another vapid reason attack Simmons and you blamed it on me because you somehow decided that because I wondered if Peace was any good, well I must be a Marty supporter and by extension, how DARE I question "Coach". To be truthful, your blatant bashing of me is quite sophomoric. You can pretend to justify it but it's still another Simmons bashing. Really, is this that important to you people?
I mean .... really?
It's OK to call him McCarty, dude. You ain't on the team, OK?
Don't expect me to sustain this childish exchange. I don't get much out of this anyhow and insulting me didn't get you any points. Enjoy your Coach Worship.

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:35 pm

JohnU wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:

Actually you used my comment as still another vapid reason attack Simmons and you blamed it on me because you somehow decided that because I wondered if Peace was any good, well I must be a Marty supporter and by extension, how DARE I question "Coach". To be truthful, your blatant bashing of me is quite sophomoric. You can pretend to justify it but it's still another Simmons bashing. Really, is this that important to you people?
I mean .... really?
It's OK to call him McCarty, dude. You ain't on the team, OK?
Don't expect me to sustain this childish exchange. I don't get much out of this anyhow and insulting me didn't get you any points. Enjoy your Coach Worship.

To be honest, as silly as it may sound, I feel like I am part of the team. The Aces are my extended family and I love them all. They have given me and my family many years of joy and something to look forward to even when they are losing. I don't think any of them would mind me calling them Walter, Noah, Shea, K.J., Evan, Shamar, Dainius, etc. and I'd be tickled if they called me Purple. I'm sorry you took offense to my comments, Mister U. You have my word that it will not happen again. Peace be with you.

Atlanta Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:43 am

PurpleWhiskers wrote:To be honest, as silly as it may sound, I feel like I am part of the team. The Aces are my extended family and I love them all. They have given me and my family many years of joy and something to look forward to even when they are losing. I don't think any of them would mind me calling them Walter, Noah, Shea, K.J., Evan, Shamar, Dainius, etc. and I'd be tickled if they called me Purple.

I feel the same way Whiskers. Great post.
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

Aces44
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:28 pm

John U has little understanding of what a “good” big man looks like at the mid-major level these days, so let him be a curmudgeon; it has zero indication of the program’s success.

Purplewarrior
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1976

Postby Purplewarrior » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:10 pm

I try to stay out of these conversations, however, I think as fans and supporters of U of E Aces, if the young man from Pitt comes here one of the assets we have now as a coaching staff is a 6ft 10 inch coach who played in the NBA and UK. Coach McCarty knows about conditioning and as muscle and foot speed with this young. The good news is no one player will need to carry this team or program let the coach and and don't ask this young man to an all American.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:32 pm

I think we’ll see two additional recruits signed this spring. I’m still hoping for two of these three: Michael Moreno (6’6”), Tristen Newton (6’4”), Elijah Height (7’1”)

Starters next season:
Givance (PG), Cunliffe (SG), Labinowicz (SF), Williams (PF), Peace (C)

Second Unit: Williams (PG), Newton (SG), Riley (SF), Hall (PF), NEW RECRUIT

Depth: NEW RECRUIT, Straub (walkon)

2 open scholarships unfilled this offseason + Riley’s scholarship would give 3 open scholarships to recruit with for 2020 senior class. Guys like Dyondre Dominguez, Kiyron Powell, Anthony Lewis, Kenny White, and Ksuan Casey are in that class.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Aces101 wrote:I think we’ll see two additional recruits signed this spring. I’m still hoping for two of these three: Michael Moreno (6’6”), Tristen Newton (6’4”), Elijah Height (7’1”)

Starters next season:
Givance (PG), Cunliffe (SG), Labinowicz (SF), Williams (PF), Peace (C)

Second Unit: Williams (PG), Newton (SG), Riley (SF), Hall (PF), NEW RECRUIT

Depth: NEW RECRUIT, Straub (walkon)

2 open scholarships unfilled this offseason + Riley’s scholarship would give 3 open scholarships to recruit with for 2020 senior class. Guys like Dyondre Dominguez, Kiyron Powell, Anthony Lewis, Kenny White, and Ksuan Casey are in that class.

I think Henderson will start over Givance next season. But, just my opinion on that.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Postby rpyke » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Just to think players with the ability of John Hall and KJ Riley could come off the bench next season is exciting.

Return to “Class of 2019”