[Politics] Split from USI New Arena

Discussions of all the Aces sports
NewburghAces
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1975

[Politics] Split from USI New Arena

Postby NewburghAces » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 pm

I've read the posts on USI's board. If what they say about McCarty bashing Trump and being a Democrat stooge is true, he should not publicize it. I've been an Aces fan for 3 decades but I would have a tough time rooting for him to succeed if he is rooting for me and the POTUS of the US to fail.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Re: USI New Arena-Move to D-1?

Postby E-Villan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:10 pm

NewburghAces wrote:I've read the posts on USI's board. If what they say about McCarty bashing Trump and being a Democrat stooge is true, he should not publicize it. I've been an Aces fan for 3 decades but I would have a tough time rooting for him to succeed if he is rooting for me and the POTUS of the US to fail.

I follow Coach on twitter and I have never seen him make a political rant or retweet. I went back and glanced through and didn't see anything out of line. Even if he expresses political opinions, I care about the team and how he performs his duties as our basketball coach, not who he voted for. I have a feeling one of those clowns is the infamous googoogaipan from the old Courier and Press site. He was pro-USI, anti-UE and a blabbering idiot.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 pm

E-Villan wrote:
NewburghAces wrote:I've read the posts on USI's board. If what they say about McCarty bashing Trump and being a Democrat stooge is true, he should not publicize it. I've been an Aces fan for 3 decades but I would have a tough time rooting for him to succeed if he is rooting for me and the POTUS of the US to fail.

I follow Coach on twitter and I have never seen him make a political rant or retweet. I went back and glanced through and didn't see anything out of line. Even if he expresses political opinions, I care about the team and how he performs his duties as our basketball coach, not who he voted for. I have a feeling one of those clowns is the infamous googoogaipan from the old Courier and Press site. He was pro-USI, anti-UE and a blabbering idiot.

+100. Anyone who doesn't like our coach because whatever his political views are, needs to get another life.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:31 pm

I haven’t ever seen McCarty post anything political either. Granted I don’t pay much attention to twitter but I think I would have noticed something like that. And yes, that USI board is filled with morons and has been for a very long time. I had forgotten it existed till seeing that link...it’s probably best a lot of people don’t see it or know it exists...
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

NewburghAces
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1975

Postby NewburghAces » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 pm

acecard wrote:
E-Villan wrote:

+100. Anyone who doesn't like our coach because whatever his political views are, needs to get another life.

Screw you. I can like or dislike him for political reasons if I want.

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Re: [Politics] Split from USI New Arena

Postby pafan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 pm

And thus why I don't permit politics on here.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

Return to “The Aces”