Season Ticket Renewals

Discussions of all the Aces sports
GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby GA Ace » Sat May 11, 2019 2:30 pm

With the ticket renewals, did the Athletic Department send a diagram of next year’s seating chart? Personally I think the seating during the OVC tournament looked much better, at least on TV, than the portable bleachers and tarp setup during Aces games behind the basket near the Aces bench. As I’ve said on here before, I think the Bud Light zone thing looks a bit tacky behind the basket for DI basketball. Also, any word on modifications to the court? There’s plenty of time to remove the star logo at half court. My guess is the cursive Aces script will be used but maybe it will be the new Ace Purple.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 am

I have said it the whole time.The high rise bleachers on the North end
of the arena have to go.Use the ones during the O.V.C Tournament and
this will eliminate the tarp.They also could do it on the South end and
no more tarps.Thats loss revenue. Now the bud light landing I kinda like
it,maybe because I know a lot of those people,and one of them is a game
sponsor.Docs sports bar

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Sun May 12, 2019 7:40 am

GA Ace wrote:With the ticket renewals, did the Athletic Department send a diagram of next year’s seating chart?

The email did not have the seating chart . It did say this

On or just prior to
May 31st you should receive a mailing that details your current account and provides information on Aces
athletics for the upcoming year. Included in this mailing will be a detachable renewal form. The timeline for
renewal runs from June 1st to July 31st. During this time you will be able to add/drop seats, look for relocation
options, and update any important contact information.
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon May 13, 2019 9:16 am

Seating chart and season ticket prices for 2019-2020 men's bb season just released.
https://twitter.com/UEAthletics_MBB

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Mon May 13, 2019 9:36 am

GA Ace wrote:With the ticket renewals, did the Athletic Department send a diagram of next year’s seating chart? Personally I think the seating during the OVC tournament looked much better, at least on TV, than the portable bleachers and tarp setup during Aces games behind the basket near the Aces bench. As I’ve said on here before, I think the Bud Light zone thing looks a bit tacky behind the basket for DI basketball. Also, any word on modifications to the court? There’s plenty of time to remove the star logo at half court. My guess is the cursive Aces script will be used but maybe it will be the new Ace Purple.

If the drawing of the court on the ticket flyer is indicative, the center court will have the block logo. Not to be negative, but that is way too Kentucky for my liking. Either use the script, or the best one ever, Ace Purple twirling the basketball. Purple Kentucky does nothing for me.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Mon May 13, 2019 9:48 am

I completely agree E-Villan - I don't care for that at all.

On the bright side, it didn't look like season tickets were much different in price at all. Seems like that's what they were last year - or at least very close.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner

Postby stennisrm72 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:27 pm

The risers are still on the baselines unfortunately.

GA Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1986

Postby GA Ace » Mon May 13, 2019 1:15 pm

https://twitter.com/UEAthletics/status/ ... 65121?s=20

Yes, there it is. Could’ve answered my own questions had I waited a day or so. So the watered down near-beer Baseline Bar remains along with the risers on the north end which means tarps. The entire south end is blacked out probably meaning more tarps and single game tickets as needed. Hopefully the super-large block logo at half-court is just one possibility of what the court will look like. As shown, it would take a large sticker or several removable court pieces to replace the block UE logo during the OVC tournament, DII Elite Eight, etc. Hopefully the Athletic Office conducts a legitimate fan vote or at least fan input to chose from different designs including the script cursive Aces, the Kentucky and Houston styled UE, and the Austin Peay Ace Purple. Like E-Villan, I prefer the old Ace Purple twirling a basketball but that’s not happening with the money the university spent on new logos. My hope is that the team is very successful and more tickets are needed so the tarps will come up and the setup is configured like the OVC tournament. Once we fill the lower bowl, then #MoveTheCurtain.

Ace78
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:22 pm

E-Villan wrote:
GA Ace wrote:With the ticket renewals, did the Athletic Department send a diagram of next year’s seating chart? Personally I think the seating during the OVC tournament looked much better, at least on TV, than the portable bleachers and tarp setup during Aces games behind the basket near the Aces bench. As I’ve said on here before, I think the Bud Light zone thing looks a bit tacky behind the basket for DI basketball. Also, any word on modifications to the court? There’s plenty of time to remove the star logo at half court. My guess is the cursive Aces script will be used but maybe it will be the new Ace Purple.

If the drawing of the court on the ticket flyer is indicative, the center court will have the block logo. Not to be negative, but that is way too Kentucky for my liking. Either use the script, or the best one ever, Ace Purple twirling the basketball. Purple Kentucky does nothing for me.

Agreed here, too ... I personally don't like the block UE for the center court logo. Using the Aces script or Ace Purple graphic would be more desirable, in my opinion.

stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner

Postby stennisrm72 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:51 pm

I'd prefer the script Aces at center court and no tarps or risers.

Return to “The Aces”