Season Ticket Renewals

Discussions of all the Aces sports
AceLoverLarry
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 2005

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby AceLoverLarry » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 pm

E-Villan wrote:
GA Ace wrote:With the ticket renewals, did the Athletic Department send a diagram of next year’s seating chart? Personally I think the seating during the OVC tournament looked much better, at least on TV, than the portable bleachers and tarp setup during Aces games behind the basket near the Aces bench. As I’ve said on here before, I think the Bud Light zone thing looks a bit tacky behind the basket for DI basketball. Also, any word on modifications to the court? There’s plenty of time to remove the star logo at half court. My guess is the cursive Aces script will be used but maybe it will be the new Ace Purple.

If the drawing of the court on the ticket flyer is indicative, the center court will have the block logo. Not to be negative, but that is way too Kentucky for my liking. Either use the script, or the best one ever, Ace Purple twirling the basketball. Purple Kentucky does nothing for me.

I kinda like it. I think we might as well start referring to ourselves as Big Purple Nation to fully complete the rebrand.

Aces44
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:55 pm

I’m VERY:
Anti-Tarp
and
Pro-Big Purple Nation.

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Mon May 13, 2019 4:20 pm

E-Villan wrote:
GA Ace wrote:With the ticket renewals, did the Athletic Department send a diagram of next year’s seating chart? Personally I think the seating during the OVC tournament looked much better, at least on TV, than the portable bleachers and tarp setup during Aces games behind the basket near the Aces bench. As I’ve said on here before, I think the Bud Light zone thing looks a bit tacky behind the basket for DI basketball. Also, any word on modifications to the court? There’s plenty of time to remove the star logo at half court. My guess is the cursive Aces script will be used but maybe it will be the new Ace Purple.

If the drawing of the court on the ticket flyer is indicative, the center court will have the block logo. Not to be negative, but that is way too Kentucky for my liking. Either use the script, or the best one ever, Ace Purple twirling the basketball. Purple Kentucky does nothing for me.

I won't let UK claim ownership of a two-letter, left to right, downward sloping block logo. It's a crowded field that includes Air Force, Baylor, Buffalo, Denver, Houston, Oklahoma, St Johns, Stonybrook, Wake Forest and numerous derivatives that add an extra element.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm

I clicked on the twitter line for the leaflet and pricing and didn't find anything. Any help is appreciated
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 pm

6th man wrote:I clicked on the twitter line for the leaflet and pricing and didn't find anything. Any help is appreciated

Use this link:
https://twitter.com/UEAthletics/status/ ... 65121?s=20

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 am

Aces & Eights wrote:
6th man wrote:I clicked on the twitter line for the leaflet and pricing and didn't find anything. Any help is appreciated

Use this link:
https://twitter.com/UEAthletics/status/ ... 65121?s=20

Thanks.
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 am

I definitely don't like the whole South end tarped

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Tue May 14, 2019 10:55 am

muni cup14 wrote:I definitely don't like the whole South end tarped

It certainly looked much better during the OVC Tournament. Of course, they were filling each end zone with a band for both schools. Even when ours shows up, it is only on one end zone.

stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner

Postby stennisrm72 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:44 pm

The whole south end has never been tarped. I pretty sure that just means no season tickets in those sections. There had generally been a few people seated there for single games.
Last edited by stennisrm72 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner

Postby stennisrm72 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:48 pm

On a pricing note, I've had my seats in section 103 since the move into the Ford Center. I've always received a parking pass without a required PAC contribution. Not the case this year. So I've had a 25% increase in my price of attendance (using 18 games at $7 a game). Maybe I'll make that contribution this season.

Return to “The Aces”