Labinowicz
Williams
Peace

ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Re: 2019-2020 Starting Lineup

Postby ncace » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm

It's gonna be a BLAST! Lot's of options, and a decent amount of experience coming off the bench.

NewburghAces
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1975

Postby NewburghAces » Mon May 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Aces101 wrote:Givance
Cunliffe
Labinowicz
Williams
Peace

I like that one a lot. Of the returning players, who played in 2018-2019, Givance is the one I am most anxious to see playing with the transfers and new players. Giddy up!

youngacesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Givance
Cunliffe
Art
Williams
Hall/dixon

Acescott
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Acescott » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Williams
Cunliffe
Labinowitz
Hall
Riley

Givance first off bench to wild ovations. Expecting the most from DeAndre. Rooting most for Frederking, closest to hometown kid we have. Also rooting heavily for Hall.. I'm ready. Will be fun to see summer box scores from Europe.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Since Peace isn't going to play 40 minutes, maybe not even 20, who is going to be the #5. Dixon, Kuhlman, John Hall. I don't really see any other possibilities. Peace is unknown quality, and the others are not what I would call top tier #5's. That number 5 position is going to be a real problem next season, and might be the reason it won't be as successful as some would like, including me. Now, maybe Cunliffe, Art, Williams, and KJ playing as a team will be able to make up some of that performance deficit that would come the 5 position, but I think we are going to have problems playing against teams with a really strong front court. But until we can come up with 3-4 star #5 I think there will be problems. It will be a very interesting season.

acesfan65
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1975

Postby acesfan65 » Yesterday 10:12 am

I’ll take a stab at a starting lineup but I’m much more excited about having so many versatile pieces. I want to win the tip every time, and my guess is Peace would be our best at doing that, so I’ll start him at the 5 based on that. Next I want to defend and rebound, and I think Peace can do that and I’m starting Mr Hall at the 4 spot. These two at 4 and 5 is what we need against the big blue. Then I’m going big again with Deandre Williams! At the 3! Get ready cuz we never had a 3 like this!
Art gets my nod at the SG, he’s got size he’s got experience and he’s going to average double figures next year. Last but not least our starting PG, Mr Cunliffe. Sam will also average double figures and be a hard cover for any valley team.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Yesterday 12:06 pm

acesfan65 wrote:I’ll take a stab at a starting lineup but I’m much more excited about having so many versatile pieces. I want to win the tip every time, and my guess is Peace would be our best at doing that, so I’ll start him at the 5 based on that. Next I want to defend and rebound, and I think Peace can do that and I’m starting Mr Hall at the 4 spot. These two at 4 and 5 is what we need against the big blue. Then I’m going big again with Deandre Williams! At the 3! Get ready cuz we never had a 3 like this!
Art gets my nod at the SG, he’s got size he’s got experience and he’s going to average double figures next year. Last but not least our starting PG, Mr Cunliffe. Sam will also average double figures and be a hard cover for any valley team.

65, I will take your starting five with the exception of Art. I think KJ, being our most experienced D1 player, will start at either the 1 or 2 with Cunliff being which ever KJ is not. Art will probably be the first off the bench to replace either the 2 or 3. Make no mistake there are going to be a lot of guys getting a lot of playing time. I will leave it up to Walter, and the Assistants to figure out what positions these players will play, but everybody is going to get a chance the first half of the season. Most likely we will see a number of different starters before Valley play starts. I really don't think it matters who starts, it's who produces, that will get playing time. I can see DeAndre at the 4 on some occasions. We have a number of players who can play multiple positions.

kyace1
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1983

Postby kyace1 » Yesterday 1:02 pm

acecard wrote:
acesfan65 wrote:I’ll take a stab at a starting lineup but I’m much more excited about having so many versatile pieces. I want to win the tip every time, and my guess is Peace would be our best at doing that, so I’ll start him at the 5 based on that. Next I want to defend and rebound, and I think Peace can do that and I’m starting Mr Hall at the 4 spot. These two at 4 and 5 is what we need against the big blue. Then I’m going big again with Deandre Williams! At the 3! Get ready cuz we never had a 3 like this!

65, I will take your starting five with the exception of Art. I think KJ, being our most experienced D1 player, will start at either the 1 or 2 with Cunliff being which ever KJ is not. Art will probably be the first off the bench to replace either the 2 or 3. Make no mistake there are going to be a lot of guys getting a lot of playing time. I will leave it up to Walter, and the Assistants to figure out what positions these players will play, but everybody is going to get a chance the first half of the season. Most likely we will see a number of different starters before Valley play starts. I really don't think it matters who starts, it's who produces, that will get playing time. I can see DeAndre at the 4 on some occasions. We have a number of players who can play multiple positions.

I know KJ has our most experience, but I see him as a role player at best. I do not believe this team will be served well if he handles the ball. Too many talented players on the floor for him to put his head down and go to the goal. (I rarely, if ever saw a pass/kick out off of the drive.) I also do not see KJ as a serviceable 2 - his shot is very poor. I like him on Defense and as a possible 3, but I would prefer a 3 who has a jump shot.
My starting 5 would be
1. Cunliffe (I would like to start Givance, but I think he will be backup to Sam)
2. Art
3. Williams
4. Hall
5. Peace/Dixon (coin flip - depending on the opposing 5)

Starting 5 speculation will be fun, but I would love to have a seat to the daily scrimmages... When was the last time UE had this mcuh talent. Guys who would have formerly been starters will have trouble getting in the scrimmages.

Return to “The Aces”