Demontay Dixon Updates?

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Ace78
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Demontay Dixon Updates?

Postby Ace78 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:15 pm

I wondered what Demontay's status is. Is he now enrolled at UE ?

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Re: Demontay Dixon Updates?

Postby Tom Servo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Something is going to have to happen because classes start Wednesday. I would really appreciate some info as well if anybody has anything.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

ncace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Information about what's happening with Peace and Dixon, the question as to if/when we anticipate hiring a veteran assistant coach, and, in fact most anything that's really happening at UE, just doesn't seem to be hitting the media. Other than the Twitter accounts, there was very little info about the European trip.

There has also not been any news about the significant "reorganization" that was supposedly the reason why Lance was let go. Did a number of middle managers, staff, or instructors get let go recently?

It's my gut feel that Dixon will not suit up this year. Whether he is another Hurley who goes elsewhere, or maybe he qualifies for admission late and gets redshirted, like DeAndre last year, who knows.

Is it logical that there is still something working between UE and Dixon to get him enrolled?

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 am

I agree...lot's of radio silence from UE this summer, polar opposite of last summer when they were really active in promoting and selling season tickets. I for one am very disappointed and consider it a huge step back towards the old ways of the athletics dept. So much excitement to build on...

I remember they got Giddy in at the last second when he came over from Europe - but he arrived either the first or 2nd day of classes because I remember first seeing him arrive on campus as I was still a student at the time. If they don't get him in by the end of this week I don't see him playing either. Which is going to hurt because size is an issue. I think KJ Riley was a last second arrival as well. We can only hope the same thing is going to happen here.

Peace...who knows...I would think if he was cleared to play they would have said something. Usually the UE policy is announce anything positive and bury anything negative so the public can't know about it. Which to me is very childish and silly. Hope I am wrong but the longer this goes on the less likely either of them playing this semester becomes.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

ncace
Head Cheerleader

Postby ncace » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 am

I don't want to overstate, but it is refreshing to know that someone else has the same sense about the communications thing that I do. It's almost seems as though someone is screening the flow of info out of the University, and especially the athletic department. This may very well have been the reason why Lance was canned. I don't know, but for me, more information about a program that can generate Tri-State enthusiasm is much better than less. We live in a world where info flows instantaneously, not in prepackaged doses. Either the University provides info and it flows consistently, or fans pick up info through the rumor mill.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:32 pm

He's not on the roster

Ace78
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Tom Servo and NCAce, I totally agree about the lack of communication from UE. It is a night and day difference (in a bad way) from last year. I have stated before that I thought Lance did an excellent job of using social media and graphic design to promote UE and get fans fired up for the season last year. I also looked forward to the "Aces Insider" video reports that Joe Downs provided on a regular basis. Their efforts really brought excitement and intrigue about what the future held for the Aces! Pat Hickey, and now Chad Lindskog, have done a great job of reporting on the info they received. In my opinion, it is aggravating now that UE seems indifferent to full and open communication to the alumni and fan base. If Peace is not eligible for the beginning of the season, just tell us. If things have changed with Demontay, just tell us. If Sam gets hurt in a game overseas, just tell us, instead of having us stir up conjecture. I think the lack of communication is disrespectful to the fan base, and can lead back to the old days of apathy about the program. Is that what UE really wants?

ncace
Head Cheerleader

Postby ncace » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:13 pm

10-4 on Pat and Chad. It is not up to media to "dig up" stories. That might have worked in 1971, but not today.

The lack of enthusiasm coming from Carson Center is underwhelming.....

A fan base that delivered the 15th best increase in attendance for last season, should be given consistent reasons to get cranked up, not tamped down by filtered information.

wildbill
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1975

Postby wildbill » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:19 pm

My guess, no Dixon, and Peace not available until second semester. Hope I am wrong, but I would put money on both kids' status.

IndyAce
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1996

Postby IndyAce » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Has it occurred to anyone that because of FERPA and other restrictions that it would be inappropriate for the University to say something, if not illegal? None of you are entitled to know anything about the team, especially when it comes to pending eligibility concerns. Sure, we would like to know. However, making statements without the process running its course is irresponsible and a haphazard approach to any program.

Return to “The Aces”