Discussions of all the Aces sports
Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Time for another UE mailbag

Postby Austin Ace » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Chad lindskog @chadlindskog Sep 3

It's about time for another mailbag.

Send me questions about UE/USI basketball, high school football or whatever else is on your mind and I'll answer in an article later this week. Off-topic Q's welcome, too.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Re: Time for another UE mailbag

Postby stl scooter » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:48 pm

#ForTheAces #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

ncace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 pm

I'm with Chad on the wild card being best of Three. I'd rather see the reg. Season shortened to 156-160, rather than see the post season wild card qualifier decided by ONE game. Also, enough with one league having DH and another not. It may have been a cute novelty at one time, but this disparity makes NO sense. I don't care whether it's DH, or no DH, but settle on one for both leagues. For me, it's DH.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am

I think 9-4 / 10-3 is possible in the non-con (Chad picked 8-5 in his article for those who don't have access). Kentucky game will be very ugly, but every other game is one we should be in, we'll drop a couple but should be able to win quite a few. We just need to win home games to keep fan engagement and excitement high. That's the key. We will need good support for the conference games because every one of them will be tough.

I know it's never been announced but I'm assuming at this point Peace is out till Dec?
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

wildbill
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1975

Postby wildbill » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:55 pm

I have no information about Peace, but I'm sticking with my prediction that he won't be eligible until second semester. I pray that I'm wrong, we really could use that inside height and strength. If we're depending on Kuhlman to fill that role, we're going to have problems.

AcesHigh
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 pm

I just saw on Twitter a day or two ago about a player for a major D-1 school who the ncaa just ruled on his eligibility and he will be able to play the whole season. Like all governing organizations, they are in no hurry to complete their reviews and therefore Peace could be at the top or bottom of the list of things to do. After all it's still a month and a half until the first game and from the ncaa's perspective a lot of time to complete their work.

Will Peace be available for our first scheduled game, it's a wait and see. He's still practicing/doing what the rest of the team is doing and will be available at some point but it's not worth our time worrying about something we cannot control.

Return to “The Aces”